_________________________________________________________


Welcome to The Levi and Cooper Chronicles. I'm the 'Cooper' and my baby brother is the 'Levi.' We're not siblings in the literal sense of the word. He's a miniature schnauzer and I'm a miniature poodle but our differences go far beyond our breed. You see, I'm the famous angel dog who blogs from the Rainbow Bridge. Well, not famous down on earth but up here in doggie heaven all canines get to do whatever we like and I like blogging. We dogaroons up here can also gaze down through the magic water under the bridge and keep tabs on our humans. Isn't that cool! After I discovered the magic water, I decided that little Levi---who got adopted into the family shortly after my departure from earth---could use a guardian angel. When he blogs he types in pink and when I put my two cents worth in I type in blue.
_________________________________________________________
.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

No Time to Pee

What a day I had Friday! It was grooming day and I looked so bad before I went that I wouldn't even let Mom post a picture of my pre-cut body. Let's just say it wasn't pretty. This photo (below) taken afterwards isn’t so good either. Oh, I got a good cut but I was not a happy camper. I was mad as hell.

I was at the groomers for three hours and no one would let me pee! I'm old; I need to do that more often now that I'm on heart medication. They'd pick me up and carry me here and there---the bathing tub, the blow-dry table, the cutting table, the waiting cage---and never once did my feet touch the floor. Even Mom, when she came to get me, carried me out to the car. Well, every dogaroon knows you can't pee in a car but the minute Mom set me down in the garage, I just let it go. And did I go. I created the Yellow River of No Return.

Speaking of garages, my folks brought home an interesting essence last week. It was the same smell as that wonderful black creature with the white stripe down its back that roams through our yard sometimes at night. I call that a nice barking opportunity and every time I give her the hi-nice-to-see-you-again bark she treats me to her perfume.

Last week, I was all around and under the car looking for my black and white friend, my mom yelling at me the whole time to get away from the vehicle. For two days every time I'd go outside and pass through the garage on the way to my fire hydrant I'd take a side trip around the car. The third day my folks took the car away and it came home smelling like soap suds.

Someday I'll tell you about how I came to get my own, personal fire hydrant in my backyard. ©
.

9 comments:

Jan said...

You look very handsome.

We love going to the groomers just to have humans at our beck and call for a few hours.

Misty the alpha Poodle

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

I totally peed in the car before! Only cause I was mad to be in it!

I totally want to hear about how you got your very own fire hydrant!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Latte said...

Hey Cooper,

You must be looking so good now, and that should be a reminder for my humans - isn't it time for my grooming too?

O dear... well, at least there wasn't a 'yellow flood' - hope your mum's not too peeved over the pee :p

i said...

I'm sure you look really great after the 3 hours of holding all that in at the groomers. Hope you'll get your own fire hydrant soon.

BenTheRotti said...

You look very handsome after your grooming Cooper, very handsome indeed. I can understand you being somewhat peeved though, to be deprived of the sniff and pee process is just indogmane!!

You have your own personal fire hydrant?? Now theres a story I'm looking forward to hearing... and what is this black and white creature you speak of?? are they good to chase??

Ben xxx

Princess Patches said...

You look very handsome, Cooper! We don't blame you for the yellow river! Us older dogs do have to go more often and you would think that groomers would know that! Mom always reminds our groomers to take Penny out frequently.

Aire-hugs,
Poppy & Penny

Isabella said...

Hey Cooper! Thanks for dropping by my blog. I can sure relate to your love of toilet paper. Isn't that just the greatest stuff to play with? My Humans keep it up on a high shelf now and I seldom get a chance to play with it anymore. Back in the time when it was easy to get, I had lots of fun chewing up whole rolls into a wet soggy piles.

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

I don't understand why so many humans want things to smell like soap suds!

FleasGang said...

You do look a little peeved, Cooper. But your new do looks great! Scarlett is a lot like you. She has to pee all the time :-)

We noticed the fire hydrant in your puppy pic and were going to ask you about it. Now we can't wait!

The Fleas