_________________________________________________________


Welcome to The Levi and Cooper Chronicles. I'm the 'Cooper' and my baby brother is the 'Levi.' We're not siblings in the literal sense of the word. He's a miniature schnauzer and I'm a miniature poodle but our differences go far beyond our breed. You see, I'm the famous angel dog who blogs from the Rainbow Bridge. Well, not famous down on earth but up here in doggie heaven all canines get to do whatever we like and I like blogging. We dogaroons up here can also gaze down through the magic water under the bridge and keep tabs on our humans. Isn't that cool! After I discovered the magic water, I decided that little Levi---who got adopted into the family shortly after my departure from earth---could use a guardian angel. When he blogs he types in pink and when I put my two cents worth in I type in blue.
_________________________________________________________
.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Me and my Friend, Charmin

I love toilet paper. My humans buy Charmin Ultra and that's my favorite brand, too. I can snatch a mouthful, run out of the bathroom and half way across the bedroom before it quits following me along.

My folks play a fun game with me and the toilet paper. They take the roll off the roller and put the paper high on shelf where they leave it for a couple weeks, hoping I'll forget how to play the toilet paper game. Then, when they put it back on the roller, they sit back and take bets on how long it takes me to discover it again. I'm pretty smart. I usually find it right way and off I go with my mouth full of Charmin. Again.

I haven't had this thing for toilet paper my entire life. In my first two years on earth I was pretty persistent and played with my friend, Charmin, a lot. Then I quit for twelve years 'cause I got busy with other stuff. And last year I started the game back up again for reasons my humans don't understand. They even talked to the veterinary about it, as if she's a mind reader. NOT! No, doc, I'm not bored. I'm not senile and I'm not going through a second puppy-hood, thank you very much. I just enjoy messing with my humans.

For all you pups out there who also love the toilet paper game, I want to share my tips for getting around the traps that our humans like to set.

Trap #1) Red pepper inside the roller. This is easy to over come. Just turn your face away and beat on the Charmin with your paw until all the pepper falls on the floor. Then you can proceed as usual.

Trap #2) The child proof gadget. It has an elastic strap that keeps you from grabbing a mouthful of toilet paper and take off running. This is when you switch tactics on your humans and just bite off large chunks of the white stuff instead. It's fun to watch my mom's exasperated face when she tries to use my special puppy-pinked toilet paper.

Trap #3) The Cool Whip cover. Some humans will try to cover up the toilet paper thinking out of sight is out of mind. They'll remove the bottom off a Cool Whip container, cut a slit up the side and pop it over the toilet paper. Trust me, these homemade covers are quicker to remove than the time it takes your humans to make them.

Trap #4) The closed door. I'm pretty lucky. My humans can't close the bathroom door because it would make it too hard for my wheelchair bound dad to get in. But for you dogs who've run into this trap, check to see if the door has a lever or knob style opener. Levers are easy---I can open them---just jump up and pull down on the lever and presto the door opens. If you have knobs it's a much harder trick but I've heard of dogs who could master it. Don't be discouraged, keep trying.

There you have it, all my tricks for winning the toilet paper game. If you've learned any others, let me know. We dogs need to stick together and share the fun. And remember, if you can get your family to buy Charmin Ultra, it works the best. ©
.

11 comments:

i said...

Hi Cooper, thanks for sharing all those great tips!

We never forget, especially if it's so much fun to us, isn't it? Hehe...

Molly the Airedale said...

Neither one of us has ever played this toilet paper game, Cooper! Maybe it's time we gave it a try! hehehehe

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Princess Patches said...

Hi Cooper! Penny and I both did the toilet paper game in our younger years. Unfortunately for us, our people had an Airedale before us that just LOVED to run through the house with the paper trailing behind her. Our pawrents rigged up a mouse trap on all the toilet paper holders. The made sure the paper rolled from the top and they would lift up the first sheet and place the mouse trap. After wearing the mouse trap on our beards once or twice, we were cured. No more toilet paper for us!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy & Penny

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Wow, Penny and Poppy, I hope my mom doesn't read about this mouse trap trick! That sounds like it would scare the fur right off your back. Cooper

BenTheRotti said...

Hi Cooper, thanks for stopping by my blog :)
I've never tried the toilet paper trick. Mum buys Andrex so maybe I should test how far i can get before it breaks. Sounds like fun!

Ben xxx

FleasGang said...

Hi Cooper, Shelly here. I too am an avid player of the toilet paper game. I hold the world record for making it "follow" me all the way to the opposite side of the house! But, I too have recently hung up my shoes, so to speak. Now I prefer to find mom's facial scrubs in the bathroom trash and play with them. :-)

luv
Shelly (the FleasGang)

Jan said...

Toilet paper olympics is one of our favorite things to do. Even the cat joins in and she doesn't like to do anything fun.

Thanks for all the variations on the game. We can't wait to try them out.We won't tell where we got them. hehe

Misty the (silver) alpha Poodle

Latte said...

I think my humans are sooo glad I don't play with tissue papers :p

Woof,
Latte

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Hehee!

I only tried to play with Charmin once, but then I heard a loud clap and a booming "NO!" after that. It no longer pleases me at this point. Clapping hurts my ears! I'm so glad at least one of us know how to play with the Charmin...everyone needs a friend!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

T-Bone, Clapping doesn't work on me because I'm hard of hearing. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Cooper, thanks for welcoming me to dwb. I see you are pretty smart like myself lol. You must get up to soo much fun.

paws up

xox