_________________________________________________________


Welcome to The Levi and Cooper Chronicles. I'm the 'Cooper' and my baby brother is the 'Levi.' We're not siblings in the literal sense of the word. He's a miniature schnauzer and I'm a miniature poodle but our differences go far beyond our breed. You see, I'm the famous angel dog who blogs from the Rainbow Bridge. Well, not famous down on earth but up here in doggie heaven all canines get to do whatever we like and I like blogging. We dogaroons up here can also gaze down through the magic water under the bridge and keep tabs on our humans. Isn't that cool! After I discovered the magic water, I decided that little Levi---who got adopted into the family shortly after my departure from earth---could use a guardian angel. When he blogs he types in pink and when I put my two cents worth in I type in blue.
_________________________________________________________
.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Come Rover, Come!

When I was Levi's age I went to puppy obedience too. Back then Mom took me to a class at a school that was located next to the second busiest street in Michigan. At one of the last classes the instructor had everyone take their dogs off leash outside next to that street. True to the live-on-the-edge life style I had going for myself, I ran huge circles in the grass scaring my Mom to death because I kept getting closer and closer to the car-congested street and I wouldn't come when I was called. All the other puppies did come on command and to be fair to instructor, I was coming just fine when we were inside the gym so she probably thought it was safe outside. A lot of the humans tried to catch me but the instructor made them all sit down in a circle. Eventually, I did get close enough to the humans so someone could nab me. Boy, was Mom mad at that instructor for making her take such a big chance. It was a very long time before I got off leash again.

Tonight when Levi was at puppy obedience class the instructor told everyone if they are having a hard time catching their puppies off leash to run in the opposite direction of the danger their puppy is headed towards and make it sound like great fun to follow them. I'm not sure Mom could be cool-headed enough to remember that. She can get a little freaky when one of her fur-babies is in harm's way...but it sounds good in theory.


In class tonight, when it was Levi's time to demonstrate coming when called he got so much speed built into the action that when he got to Mom and tried to sit he skidded on by another three feet on the polished floor, making everyone laugh. The trainer said, "Now, Jean has made coming when called a high value event for Levi." Actually, she's been working him every day in the back yard on a 90 foot clothes line and half the time all she has to do is open her mouth to call him and he's on his way, not even giving her time to get the words "Levi, come!" out of her mouth . He sure loves those Wellness holistic salmon, lamb and fruit puppy treats.



Now on to another topic: Our blog was presented this sparkling, special award by both Boy Gorgeous George and by Nottie Scottie! Thank you both. I'm giving up boastful pride for angel training so maybe I shouldn't tell you this but Mom's been lusting after this award every since she saw it floating around the dog community. George's came the day of Levi's debut blog entry (see Schnauzer Saturday) which makes it extra special for him but to tell you the truth, I was feeling slightly left out. Then the next day Scottie's nomination showed up on our doorstep. So now we both have one of these very pretty awards!


Now we are pawing it forward to Barksalot Bloyz, Scruffy, Lacie and Stan's Place, The Days of Joann, Candi the Cavalier, Latte and Cookie, and Joe Stains. ©


Suggested Rules for Accepting this Award are:


1) Add the logo of the award to your blog
2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you
3) Nominate 7 other blogs (I think 7 is a bit too many but I didn't make up this list.)
4) Add links to those blogs on your blog
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs

.


14 comments:

Lacy said...

w00f's Angel Cooper and Levi...me went to the park today and got to go offleash...and me wuz very good...they hooked me back up when 2 humans comed down the trail..levi is getting to b a smart doggy...

b safe,
~rocky~

Joe Stains said...

Mom said we need to learn some obedience! WHATEVER! Good Job though, she is jealous at your feat. THANK YOU for the award, we really appreciate it!!!

Asta said...

Angel Cooper
You must be vewy pwoud of Baby Levi..
That is pawsome that he comes..I'm almost two and mommi would be tewwified if I wewe off leash cause I don't listen at all
congwatulations on that bootiful awawd!!!!you suwe desewve it!
smoochie kisses
ASTA

i said...

LS said I'd probably get kicked out of obedience school. Hmm...that's a thought.

Congrats on your award! You certainly deserve it!

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Obedience class can be quite trying for me too. I sure can't keep my focus when I'm off leash with Mom! Which is why like your Mom, she is taking her time building on my focus first before going off leash again...we learnt it the hard way at the test last week. >.<" Keep up the great job, Cooper and Levi!

Scottie

Simba and Jazzi said...

Sounds like he is enjoying doggie school.

Simba x

Abby said...

Hi, Cooper & Levi...

I bet Levi looked cute sliding across the floor...

Sounds like that "Levi, Come" command is really important to your Mom...

Congrats on the Award...You definately deserve it...

Jake of Florida said...

Thank you for the sparkluy award. As we've told you before, we love your blog -- and particularly enjoyed Levi's first attempts at communicating.

We haven't shared it yet, but Just Harry has moved on to good literature. Although he still enjoys a good No. 2 pencil chew, chomping a tasty book seems to have given him even greater satisfaction.

At least it's better than chocolate.

Jake and Just Harry

the many Bs said...

it sounds like Levi is doing great in his training. our mom doesn't think that practicing "come" right next to a busy street is a very smart idea no matter how well trained a dog is. she doesn't believe in putting us in any danger.

woofs

Petra said...

Congrats on the award!

Levi, you are doing a wonderful job at obedience school. I hope my mom doesn't read about it and decide to enroll me in a class, too.

Charlie Daniels said...

Congrats for your award :-)

Cheers

Charlie

Molly the Airedale said...

Levi is doing better at obedience than we would be! Way to go, Levi!
Congratulations on your award!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Georgeous said...

Your so deserving of the award, you work hard from heaven and I'm so pleased I've fulfilled you Mum's lusting desires (it's my age). As for Levi, well i couldn't believe the sychronicity of his first blog - I's all heaven sent Cooper!
training tip: My Mum & Dad hide from me on walks - damn it spooks me out, I'm NEVER far away now.
Luv 'n' Snuffs
George

Johann The Dog said...

Oh Wow, thanks so much for that cool award! We love it.

Sounds like Levi has great recall, maybe he could teach my sis, Gracie, some, BOL!!!!

Woofs, Johann