_________________________________________________________


Welcome to The Levi and Cooper Chronicles. I'm the 'Cooper' and my baby brother is the 'Levi.' We're not siblings in the literal sense of the word. He's a miniature schnauzer and I'm a miniature poodle but our differences go far beyond our breed. You see, I'm the famous angel dog who blogs from the Rainbow Bridge. Well, not famous down on earth but up here in doggie heaven all canines get to do whatever we like and I like blogging. We dogaroons up here can also gaze down through the magic water under the bridge and keep tabs on our humans. Isn't that cool! After I discovered the magic water, I decided that little Levi---who got adopted into the family shortly after my departure from earth---could use a guardian angel. When he blogs he types in pink and when I put my two cents worth in I type in blue.
_________________________________________________________
.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Best of Levi Sleeping Award

Mom and Dad went to a family day picnic today. They had all kinds of entertainment for kids and grandkids, which Mom and Dad don't have but they always go anyway. Among the activities was a clown show, a balloon artist, dunking booth, fish pond and Mom's favorite, a cake walk.

Mom has fond memories of cake walks going back over sixty years to her pre-school days when she won a cake at her very first cake walk. It was a strawberry angel food cake made from scratch and it was decorated with whipped cream and juicy red berries. The cake walk was a popular custom at the weddings of her youth. Mom walked the cake walk a dollar's worth today---four times with 2008 rates---and she told Dad, "Some traditions die hard when you have such vivid memories of the first time you ever won a prize." That got me to thinking about poor Levi not placing in the medal at the Paw-limpics today. Every puppy can't win every contest they entry but they should have a good memory of their very first contest. So I want to create one for my baby brother.

Levi sent in several photos for the sleeping category at the Pal-limpics and the judges picked the first one below to go up against all the other dogs who entered. Did they get the best photo of Levi sleeping? I'm asking all our friends in cyberspace to vote between the four below so I can present Levi with his very own prize. Silly, I know, but he'll be so happy when one of his photos wins this Best of Levi Sleeping Award that he'll forget all about not winning metal at the Paw-limpics. Vote in the comment section!


1) The Wall Hugger



2) The Floor Kisser



3) The Full Monty #1

Add Image

4) The Full Monty #2



Congratulations to all the dogs who placed in the medal and honorable mentions at the Paw-limpics. There were some awesome entries. Here's a link to the sleeping event. Mom especially like Bolo, Archie, Willow, George, Happy and Jackson.

.

20 comments:

the many Bs said...

oh those photos are great! they made our mom chuckle out loud. we especially like your names for them. we actually like #2 - the floor kisser, the best. the full monty's are good too though. they're all soooo funny.

we're sorry that Levi didn't win a medal. we were sad that we didn't win one either. we had to console ourselves and think that we just can't win everything. we expect to cuz our mom tells us that we are the best dogs on the entire planet of the earth. she (crazy mom) also thinks that she is some great photographer, and we thinks it makes her disappointed that not everyone agrees.

we think that Levi is the cutest schnauzer that we know (really!) and he deserves to be the #1 dog. he has excellent sleeping positions! hee hee! Cooper, you are a good brother to give him a special award. we are cheering for Levi! woof! woof!

Lacy said...

w00f's levi and angel cooper, hmmm me likes 'em all, but me likes the floor kisser bestest...

b safe,
~rocky~

Jan said...

Irrestable. The most relaxed dog I have ever seen. Confident Levi!!!

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Awww...Levi looked so cute in those photos! I think photo #2 should win The Best of Levi award...=)

Sorry to hear that he didn't win a medal in the Pawlimpics...no worries though, there's a little award waiting for you at my blog! Please check it out...=)

Scottie

Charlie Daniels said...

I like the floor kisser the best out of those pics :-) I think the sleeping event would probably have been one of the most popular events 'cause everyone seems to like taking pics of us sleeping!

Cheers

Charlie

Anonymous said...

I like number 2. hehehe

River said...

I vote for the floor kisser, too! Homemade cakes--yum!! I'd walk a mile for one.

love & wags,
River

Petra said...

It was hard to decide, but I vote for the floor kisser. It looks like a winner to me!

Molly the Airedale said...

We like #2 - Floor kisser the best! They're all cute! You're just so adorable, Levi!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

We like the floor kisser!!

The Mommy is gonna do 3 posts about my trip but we gots to eat dinner and then she's got to pay bills so the first update will not be until later tonight.

Love Mona

Lizzy said...

Levi!

I think having your own award would be grrrrEAT, that way you won't feel left out!

All those pictures are very good, I'm not sure if I could choose a favorite! You look very cute in all of those sleeping positions...

Sparky

Rambo said...

We like the full monty photos Levi. Let it all hang out!
Rambo & MM

Asta Marie said...

Cooper...

I vote for #2, floor kissing, as my favorite Levi sleeping pose....It's really nice that you are helping Levi feel good about himself and helping him feel good about his first contest....he really is a sweet Schnauzer and he looks darling in the full monties too...

Asta Marie, WFT

Joe Stains said...

I definitely like the 2nd photo the best!!!

One of the pack said...

You definitely are too cute for words. Come on by our blog. We’ve awarded you the gold!
www.forgetsitandstay.blogspot.com

Sentimental Super Spoiled Sparta

Simba and Jazzi said...

Thank you for your concern while I was unwell. Your kind words made me get better so much quicker.

Simba x

FleasGang said...

We definitely like the "floor kisser" photo. But the full monty photos are great too!

And remember the true spirit of the Pawlimpics is meeting new pups and learning valuable life lessons. This defeat should only make you stronger and want it more. So train like you've never trained before and we'll see you in four years on the podium. Sleep well.

Licks
The Fleas

Fenway said...

Hi Coop--
First, please say hello to my predecessor Logo. He's up there romping around. Look him up...he's a LOT of fun.

I love your wall hugger photo for the Sleeping Competition. I haven't been checking up on the Pawlympics since I had a tough campaign to win the Dog of the Month contest here on Martha's Vineyard. I shall go check it out and most certainly vote for you. The Full Monty photos are also good—impressive equipment, Levi!

Georgeous said...

I'm a great fan of the full monty - pawrents like it oo, it shows we trust them. Always ready for a belly rub, thats my excuse and i trust they'll belly rub me...
Love to the Angel, Levi and Jean mummy.
George

Abby said...

Hi, Cooper & Levi...

I like the Floor Kisser the best...

Levi is sooo adorable...

Abby xxxooo