_________________________________________________________


Welcome to The Levi and Cooper Chronicles. I'm the 'Cooper' and my baby brother is the 'Levi.' We're not siblings in the literal sense of the word. He's a miniature schnauzer and I'm a miniature poodle but our differences go far beyond our breed. You see, I'm the famous angel dog who blogs from the Rainbow Bridge. Well, not famous down on earth but up here in doggie heaven all canines get to do whatever we like and I like blogging. We dogaroons up here can also gaze down through the magic water under the bridge and keep tabs on our humans. Isn't that cool! After I discovered the magic water, I decided that little Levi---who got adopted into the family shortly after my departure from earth---could use a guardian angel. When he blogs he types in pink and when I put my two cents worth in I type in blue.
_________________________________________________________
.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Toad Hunting

Levi here. Is it Schnauzer Saturday yet? Can me blog today? Me can't see the calendar. Moomie has it too high in the air. Me---no---I tried to grab it to bring it down so I can read it but Moomie is a meanie and she won't let me do that. She also says I I I I I I I---not me---has to learn to use proper English. That is SO unfair. Daaady says "me" all the time. "Me coffee." "Me sleep." But Moomie says that's because he had a stroke---whatever that is---and he can't say, "I." Well, maybe me wants to be like Daaady. Levi pours---no---Levi pouts over that. Poopy spelling! I get so confessed confused.

Guess what. We caught another baby toad last night. That makes five that Moomie's put in her Relocation Program. Every night at midnight we go hunting in the dog yard. Moomie takes her flashlight and an empty Starbucks cup and I take my schnauzer instincts---that means I'm a good hunter, Moomie says. I always find them first and me wants to eat them. Me don't want them to grow up BIG so they can eat me someday. They are growing fast! Last week they were dime size. This week they are quarter size. Moomie gets hysterical when I find one. "No, Levi, NO!" she yells. Someday I'm going to get one in my mouth before she gets it in the Starbuck cup.

Me gotta go. Moomie coming.

Smell you later.

Love, Levi


.

14 comments:

Asta said...

Hi Levi,
I think you speak vewy well, and I think wanting to imitate youw Daddi is vewy nice and what could be bettew than having him as a model fow you to gwow up like..I think youw Moomi doesn't want you to eat the toadses cause they make you sick..I think welocating them is a gweat idea..I'm pwettysuwe they won't eat you up
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Petra said...

OMdog! Are you saying that you are stil awake at MIDNIGHT, Levi?

I've just fainted!

Fenway said...

Levi--You look very clever at the computer and I need your help.

I am running for the Plum TV Dog of the Month contest and the Aug. 15 deadline is looming. I have hardly any votes cause Ms. Alpha ran a terrible PR campaign. So I'm asking all my doggie friends to go to this website and paw out your vote by clicking on Fenway!

http://vineyard.plumtv.com/stories/dog_month_and_half_2008

Dewey Dewster said...

Oh Levi....

Listen here little man...I can tell ya that toads are nothin' ta fool with.....though I'll most likely ferget that the next time I see one...it's too bad Gram didn't relocate the one I got hold of a week ago or I wouldn't have been drippin' saliva all over the place fer more than an hour....horrible tastin' vermin' they are fer sure....yuck.....stay away from 'em Levi....

Dewey Dewster here....

Abby said...

Hi, Levi...

You are growing up sooo fast...

Be careful of those toads...I've heard they taste terrible...

Abby xxxooo

Lacy said...

w00f's Levi and angel Cooper, b careful eatin toadies Levi, they make u has to go to the vets...and u not want dat...

b safe,
~rocky~

Rambo said...

What are you doing up so late Levi?
Are you a night owl? Maybe that's why you get so many froggies!
Have fun....and I hope you get one before your mommie does.
Rambo

River said...

Toads are nasty--not worth the bite. Levi, be yourself, every doggie has a unique voice and you already have your own style!

love & wags,
River

parlance said...

Levi, good on you for learning to blog so well. Don't you worry about a few spelling errors - that's just your doggy dialect.
By the way, can you ask your mum whether anyone else has told her they keep getting copies of the post called 'The Naughty Puupy Catalog' ?

Noah the Airedale said...

Hey Levi,
We think your mum is great helping the baby toads.
Lucy says thanks for the kind words you left on our blog.

tailwags
Noah xx

Georgeous said...

Hey Levi are you stealing friday's blog - you need to get in touch with your internal calendar.
BTW: do toads taste like froggy?
Love George

Molly the Airedale said...

We think you talk just fine, Levi! We understand you perfectly!
We think you need to forget about nabbing a toad!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Jake of Florida said...

Levi,

Toads can be poisonous. We have bufo toads here that can be fatal to dogs -- so your mommy is right telling you to be careful. Maybe the ones in Michigan aren't poisonous -- just bad tasting.

We entered the sleeping contest too, because next to barking, that's what we do best!!

So may the best dog win!!!

Lots of love,

Jake and Just Harry

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Aww...no worries about how you talk,Levi! I think you talk great...=)

Five toads? Wow! That's a lot of toads to catch! I don't think I've caught any toads just yet...maybe I need to try harder. hee!

Scottie