_________________________________________________________


Welcome to The Levi and Cooper Chronicles. I'm the 'Cooper' and my baby brother is the 'Levi.' We're not siblings in the literal sense of the word. He's a miniature schnauzer and I'm a miniature poodle but our differences go far beyond our breed. You see, I'm the famous angel dog who blogs from the Rainbow Bridge. Well, not famous down on earth but up here in doggie heaven all canines get to do whatever we like and I like blogging. We dogaroons up here can also gaze down through the magic water under the bridge and keep tabs on our humans. Isn't that cool! After I discovered the magic water, I decided that little Levi---who got adopted into the family shortly after my departure from earth---could use a guardian angel. When he blogs he types in pink and when I put my two cents worth in I type in blue.
_________________________________________________________
.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Blood, Pee and Poop Everywhere!

I've hardly had a moment to myself up here at the Rainbow Bridge since I volunteered to help with the dogs in the path of the hurricanes. Those poor dogaroons down there really need what our angel dog team is doing to help calm their fears. It's rewarding work but I feel a little guilty for not being around for my baby brother, Levi. His problem is getting worse.


Levi will be nine months old at the end of the month and he's been housebroke for five of those months but it's been raining a lot where Mom and Dad live and Levi is giving Mom fits about going outside when it's raining and when the dirt in the dog yard is wet. He's even started peeing and popping on the deck. He'll also ask to go out one door and when he finds out it's raining there, he'll run to another outside door and ask to go out, thinking it might not be raining on the other side of the house. Mom has gone back to square one and is sitting outside with him until he goes where he's suppose to go, regardless of the rain on his back or the wet dirt under his paws. He's making progress. This morning he peed on the rubber mat at the bottom of the deck steps and pooped while squatting on my grave stones. That kid has scrambled eggs for brains when it comes to respect for the dead.


Mom's got the right idea about going back to square one, and I'm sure the problem will work itself out, but I did feel sorry for her yesterday. She woke up with Dad saying the S word over and over again. At first she thought he was trying to pull on his pants while Levi was trying to pull them off. But the tone of the word was different this time, not filled with laughter but panic stricken instead. He'd transferred to his wheelchair, cut his foot and had bled all over the carpeting from the bed to the bathroom and Levi was licking it up. Dad is taking a blood thinner so there was a LOT of blood. Mom jumped out of bed---as much as an old person can jump with arthritic joints---to get Dad and the floors cleaned up and to shut Levi out of the master bedroom while she worked. It took a long time and in the meantime Levi pooped and peed in the living room. That was not really his fault given the circumstances but still it wasn't a great way for Mom to start her day.


So tomorrow the carpet cleaners are coming. Between having the blood removed and sanitized—a $95 requirement for "health reasons so says the cleaning company"---and having the floors in three rooms cleaned and the pets stains deodorized that have accumulated since Levi joined the family it will cost Mom $239 total. If I had time, I'd mental telepathy a little humor down to Mom and remind her that puppy stains might be a good reason to get the hardwood floor she wants installed. What the heck, I'll take the time. What's my angel-brother going to do if I show up late for work? Kill me? I'm already dead. ©


.

17 comments:

Deetz said...

What a horrible morning, but it is good to see humor in it afterall, no one died, accept you of course. I wish I had known you before you journey. That is funny he runs to the other door thinking it is not raining on the other side. Keep up the good works.
Deetzy Boy

Abby said...

Hi, Cooper...

Wow...Your Mom didn't have a very good morning...

I know what Levi means about the rain...I hate going out in the rain...I don't like to step on the wet grass...I've never tried switching doors, though...

My Mom has a really hard time with me when it snows, too...They have to shovel a path for me, cuz if I step in the deep snow, I disappear...

Abby xxxooo

Jan said...

This is usually one of those mornings that is funny after a few days pass. Good for you all to see the bright side of life even from beyond.

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Oh dear, what a morning indeed! I think you are right Cooper, he'll get the hang of things with Mom going back to square one. Sorry Daddy cut his foot and now $$ for the rug. Tomorrow will be a better day!
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter

Georgeous said...

Oh Angel Cooper, you do make me laugh! Nope, your brother cannot kill you, spare a few moments for your Mumma.
I actually was pleasantly surprised when I read your post, I saw the title and thought Levi was real poorly and pooping blood? See, tell your Mumma, things aren't tht bad really???
Love George

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Sorry to hear that your Mom and Dad did not have a good day,Cooper. Hope Levi will do better with his poopies and peepee soon! It is rather funny that he ran to the other side just in case it's not raining there...=)

Scottie

the many Bs said...

oh this is not good. we really do feel sympathetic for your mom. she's doing her best with Levi and he'll get it. he's a smart little dude to look for a door where it's not raining. he just has to learn to get his little paws wet.

Cooper, just please keep sending down your angel vibes to your mom, okay? with mornings like this one, she needs all the help from you that she can get.

woofs.

River said...

Hope everyone in the house is doing better! Too bad about all the rain.

love & wags,
River

Princess Patches said...

Wow, what a way for your poor mom to start her day! We hope it improved as the day went on. Poppy refuses to go out in the rain, too, but she just holds it like forever!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Charlie Daniels said...

G'day Cooper

It so good to hear that Mum could still retain her sense of humour about all this!

Cheers

Charlie

Simba and Jazzi said...

Sounds like your Mummy is having a hard time. I hope the peepee problem is solved soon and your Daddy wasn't too badly hurt.

Simba x

Molly the Airedale said...

YIKES! Your day definitely didn't start out on the right foot! We sure hope it got better as the day progressed!
I used to be VERY stuborn about pooing in the rain! I could hold it for days and drive mom nuts!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

i said...

Sorry to hear your mom had a rough morning there. Hope your dad is all right and Levi will get better on his toilet routine.

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Cooper and Levi -

What a way to start the day. Mama did not have a good start to her day yesterday. She woke up with a "charley horse" in her leg and her sinuses were blocked up. Then she went to work and ended up with a migraine headache.

We hope your Dad is doing better and as far as going out in the rain - Kaci and I are pretty wimpy too. Must be a schnauzer thing.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

Anonymous said...

Yikes, what a terrible experience. Sounds like it wasn't really Levi's fault though. Not this time, at least! I hope everything gets cleaned up and looking nice again.

Lady Kaos said...

What a way to start a day! My mom said to tell your mom that when we make stains in the house and when we moved into our new house with stained carpet, Mom and Dad used hunting soap to clean the carpets that you buy in the sporting good section of the store. They even put it in the carpet cleaner they rented when we bougt our new house. Dad uses it to clean his hunting clothes before and after hunting and Mom uses it to clean up after our accidents when we aren't feeling good or if we get hurt and bleed on the carpet. It takes the odors out and it also break down the proteins in blood and other yucky stuff. As soon as Mom uses up the can of fancy expensive pet carpet cleaner stuff that doesn't work (it was expensive so she doesn't want to throw it away)she's going to experiment with mixing some up in a spray bottle just to have around for accidents.
Our toad relocation project isn't working. I hope your's is. It seems like when we take them to their new location, they come back quick and bring a couple new friends. Dad's just been relocating them to the other side of the fence lately and it doesn't seem like they're multiplying anymore. Mom hopes it gets cold soon so the toads with go to sleep.
Kaos

parlance said...

I'm sorry to hear about this stressful day.

I wonder if you might try something we did for Penny when she was little - we bought one roll of turf and set it up in a flat container of potting mix. It was one of those containers that are intended for rolling under a bed to store things. Penny happily 'went' on the turf, which we had on the back decking under a roof.

Eventually the grass died, of course, but by that time we didn't need it. We watered it while it was useful, though not too much because there were no holes in the container for it to drain. After we threw out the grass and put the dirt on the garden, the container was still usable for storage.

Also, Jean, I wondered if you might be interested in a program that was on the radio here about the human brain. It was about the plasticity of the brain. Here's the link, anyway, just in case you want to listen. http://www.abc.net.au/rn/allinthemind/stories/2008/2359328.htm