_________________________________________________________


Welcome to The Levi and Cooper Chronicles. I'm the 'Cooper' and my baby brother is the 'Levi.' We're not siblings in the literal sense of the word. He's a miniature schnauzer and I'm a miniature poodle but our differences go far beyond our breed. You see, I'm the famous angel dog who blogs from the Rainbow Bridge. Well, not famous down on earth but up here in doggie heaven all canines get to do whatever we like and I like blogging. We dogaroons up here can also gaze down through the magic water under the bridge and keep tabs on our humans. Isn't that cool! After I discovered the magic water, I decided that little Levi---who got adopted into the family shortly after my departure from earth---could use a guardian angel. When he blogs he types in pink and when I put my two cents worth in I type in blue.
_________________________________________________________
.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away!

Lord almighty it's been a busy week up here at the Rainbow Bridge. My angel brother, Jason---affectingly known as Mr. Do-Good----gathered up a bunch of us dogaroons to help the displaced canine from hurricane Gusto. He's an angel trainer so I'm learning a lot about using our powers. We've been doing our best to help calm the fears of all those displayed dogs caught in Mother Nature's path and I'm learning more about pushing the envelope of what we can and can't do to interfere with life on earth. As I've blogged before, there are rules for being an angel and Jason says I have a tendency to overstep what angels are suppose to do. Yadda, yadda, yadda. I just don't see why I have to be so subtle about helping where I can. But I like earning those pretty, permanent feathers to my trainer wings so I'm trying hard to tow the line.

Speaking of rain and nasty weather, Levi has been giving Mom a fit about all the rain they are getting and I haven't had the time to help out with his fears of going outside when heaven is crying---you know, there are priorities and hurricanes trump plain old rain. This morning it took Mom over an hour and a half to get him to go outside. Even holding an umbrella over his head didn't help. In and out of the door leading to the garage he went---he really had to GO---but Mom had to literally push him out of the garage and onto the deck. Poor Mom, it's supposed to rain all week. She even tried putting my old raincoat on him but he's a nudist and fought that idea tooth and nail.

Well, I've got to get back to work before Jason finds out I took a break. He's a slave driver about his do-good projects and he's extra hard on me. I do have to admit he's pretty inspirational. He doesn't have much trouble getting newbie angels to volunteer to take on extra angel work. I grumble a lot, but secretly I admire his wise and patient teaching methods. It's not like we HAVE TO take part in any of his projects. We can take all the time we need to learn all the ins and outs of being a full-fledged angel-dog. ©
.

12 comments:

the many Bs said...

hi Angel Cooper, we hope that you won't stop blogging once you get all of your angel wing feathers. we've never really had an insider's view of what the Rainbow Bridge place (heaven) is really like and how things work up there.

we really wish we could use our super B powers to get Levi to like the rain, but sometimes, we admit it too, that we don't want to go out in the rain. and this is a rainy place where we live! but the call of nature will win out eventually - if you gotta go, you gotta go!

Levi just needs to suck it up and get wet! a little water won't hurt him and maybe one of these days it will even snow! then what?! heee hee

woofs.

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

That's so great that you're helping out the displaced doggies,Cooper! And to help out an angel brother who can show you the ropes is always a good thing! Keep it up!

I guess Levi just needs some time to get used to the rain...I hated the rain too! And for the past two weeks, it ALWAYS rains in the evening right when Mom comes home from her work, so I can't go out for my walkies and stuff...makes me so depressed, and I hate getting wet,so we all had to stay home. Hope Levi will get better with the raining thing after a while!

Scottie

Dewey Dewster said...

Gee Cooper...

It's great of ya ta help out there....we're sure that Levi knows yer watchin' over him....goin' out in the rain is a pain....we don't like it either.....we sure don't like it
if the skies are makin' boomers either....put yer paw around him and give 'em good encouragement...

Dewey Dewster here....

Joe Stains said...

I hate going out in the rain too! Water is EVIL!

Simba and Jazzi said...

I love the rain. Rain = puddles, puddles are the most fun ever.

Simba x

Georgeous said...

I'm so glad Levi is a naturist! Damn hoomans, dressing us up. If your reading this Levi, get out there and do IT! Avoid the fancy shmancy outfits.... Cooper, can't you influence our hoomans? okay, I understand, good luck with shining rays of help to all the hurricane animals...until then, I'll work on my pumkin for halloween...
Snufs George

Charlie Daniels said...

It's raining here too! :-(

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Wow, Sounds like you'r really working hard to earn those angel wings. I have so many at the bridge(being ,ahem, mature) Tess was my last to go to the bridge 2 years ago. If you see her(she's a little black and tan chihuahua about 5 pounds.) give her a big hug from her momma. I still miss her so. She may be one of the angel pups. She was an angel here on earth before that old lymphoma took her way too early.
We love reading about you up there and Levi too.
We need to send you a list of pups to say hi to. We'll send it by way of the
north star,so watch for it!
Hugs, Sunny,Scooter&Jamie(the momma)

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Pee ess We forgot to say we're pretty new at blogging and would like to be your friends. Come visit us somtime,ok?(gee come to think of it I guess it is our 2 week aniversary of blogging. lol)
But like we tell everyone, we have been reading dwbs for a loong time.) So we feel like we know everybody already!
Hugs
Sunny(Standard Poodle),Scooter(Chihuahua)&Jamie(the mom)

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Levi -

It's raining here too because of Hurricane Hanna. We hate the rain too.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

Molly the Airedale said...

We don't like going out in the rain either! We get the umbrella held over our heads too but we're still stubborn about it!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Hey Sweet Cooper...we agree with the B's...it's pawsome having you to fill us in on the Bridge Activities...

Scruffy almost joined ya up there tonight...his collar FELL OFF when we were doing walkies and he walkied right in front of a car. Mumsie yelled stop and HE DID. First time that stoopid foxy actually listened and it's good that he did or it might of been his last walkie! She grabbed his tail (so that's why we have em...) and said a few HBO words...needless to say, that's the end of that collar! Mumsie is busy still having a heartie attack but she'll recover. Eventually.

Levi...you look very very handsome with your new "do!!!" It is sorta sad when our dark puppy colors leave...I was lookin' at pics of me this time last year...I had so much black in my now grizzled saddle...sigh...oh...when it's rainin' here? I pee on my papers...scruffy refuses to get unpapertrained, but I hafta admit there are advantages to that messy habit!

Love you dogs!!!

Laciegirl