_________________________________________________________


Welcome to The Levi and Cooper Chronicles. I'm the 'Cooper' and my baby brother is the 'Levi.' We're not siblings in the literal sense of the word. He's a miniature schnauzer and I'm a miniature poodle but our differences go far beyond our breed. You see, I'm the famous angel dog who blogs from the Rainbow Bridge. Well, not famous down on earth but up here in doggie heaven all canines get to do whatever we like and I like blogging. We dogaroons up here can also gaze down through the magic water under the bridge and keep tabs on our humans. Isn't that cool! After I discovered the magic water, I decided that little Levi---who got adopted into the family shortly after my departure from earth---could use a guardian angel. When he blogs he types in pink and when I put my two cents worth in I type in blue.
_________________________________________________________
.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Report from the Bridge

When I was on earth I lived in a circle of love. I never knew what it was like to worry about where my next meal would come from nor did I ever experience the fear of not knowing if I'd ever see my home and humans again. Since the hurricanes came to the south I've been getting an angel's view education and it's not an easy lesson to learn. I can look down on earth and see Levi living the life I once lived then in the blink of an eye I can view the displaced and weary dogs who came through hurricanes Gusto and Ike. The contrast makes me so sad.


But along with the sadness comes a sense of pride and renewed respect for what humans are able to accomplish. From my vantage point up here, I've seen the animal rescue workers work until they are bone tired doing what they can and by watching them I've come to understand the true meaning the term 'angels on earth.' I'm glad my mom has written a check to help them out. My angel team is trying to whisper heavenly messages to as many earth bound humans as we can in hopes that they'll all do the same. There is still so much work to be done to help those pets who lived through the wrath of nature.


Speaking of nature, the rains have quit where my humans live, the dirt has dried up and Levi is back to getting off the deck to do his business. And he's back to inspecting the fence in the dog yard in hopes that someone had cut an escape hatch since his last sentry duty. When I checked on him today I had to laugh. Mom had hooked an umbrella to the bottom of the deck steps so the little imp would have a place to hide from the "evil rain" that he hates so much. It looked pretty silly on such a bright, sunny day---a big red, watermelon slice design umbrella popped up and point right at me as I was looking down. Like I said, Levi lives in a circle of love and I pray for all I'm worth that that never changes.


.

14 comments:

Jan said...

I can imagine some of the dogs I've had in the past writing from the Rainbow Bridge when I read this. I know they would have the same compassion for what they saw on earth.

Charlie Daniels said...

And you know what Cooper .. the circle of love is huge, 'cause all of us are in it too! :-)

Cheers

Charlie

Simba and Jazzi said...

Oh bless his own umbrella. I thought I was spoiled lol.

Simba x

BenTheRotti said...

Hi Cooper,

You did indeed live a very charmed life on earth and the love and compassion that you were taught is serving you well at the bridge. You write so beautifully, I miss you dearly so it's wonderful that you take time to stay in touch from the bridge. Levi is a really special boy and it's good to know he has his very own angel watching out for him.

love ya sweet Cooper,

Ben xxxxxx

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

What a nice report Cooper. I'm glad you saw all the humans trying to take care of the animals better this time.
I have to laugh picturing Levi's umbrella! He came by our blog to tell us rain was evil! Maybe when he gets olderhe'll change his mind about it.
Give all my babies at the brige a hug,Tess has been there 3 yrs today.
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter

the many Bs said...

hi Cooper in heaven, we don't think that you have to worry about Levi's future. fortunately, for all of us dogs, there are lots and lots of loving homes and lots of angels on earth to make sure we are taken care of.

woofs.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am a guide dog raiser in Seattle, WA. The puppy I am currently raising is named Shep. I love your blog and I love reading about other people's animal/pet experiences. I also have a website where I sell pet supplies and i have a blog on it also about guide dogs. I built the site to try and help raise money for guide dogs and other animal charities. One way you could really help me out would be to do a blog post on guide dogs or my website and what i do, thanks.

Rambo said...

Cooper,
thank goodness for all the animal loving humans in the world! Where would all the lost and displaced be without them.
Great heavenly report Cooper!
Rambo

Joe Stains said...

We feel part of it all too, we are so fortunate.

Molly the Airedale said...

What a nice report, Cooper! We do have wonderful angels here on earth too! What would we do without them?!
We're thrilled that Levi has his own umbrella for peeing and pooing in the rain! This is very important to us too!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Abby said...

Hi, Cooper...

You have a very special view point from the Bridge....

Me & my Mom are laughing picturing Levi standing under his umbrella doing his business...

There are alot of us that live a very pampered life...I wish all doggies & kitties had that...

Abby xxxooo

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh my...we're just catchin' up on ur bloggie, Cooper..that mean old Ike knocked out our internet for way too long....Levi calls ur mom's unmentionable's a hammock?? And he drags his stuffies round in it??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!! That Levi...tell ur mom to act all happy and silly when she sees it's rainin'...I know I know, but we all have to be actresses once in a while...and to give him treaties outside...but ONLY when it's rainin'...and double treats if he performs...like hot dogs or something fab to eat...mmmmm....

Yeppers...as for the carpet cleaners...well...we feel ur pain...our carpets are a work in progess...she cleans 'em and we trash em...Levi keeps ur mom hopping, that's for sure!!!

We just had baths cuz we all rolled in the mud outside...Mumsie spent all day plant grass seed on our pee spots...and we're spendin' today rollin' in it...so we might have drunk a little too much water in the bath. Mumsie called Scruffy and me to "use our papers"...we use those inside..fab on rainy/snowy days...I got on the papers first...Scruffy couldn't wait so he just went up to Mommy and lifted his leg on her. Man she said some HBO words...when Scruffy has to go, he has to go...

She said something bout just buyin' stuffies in the future...I so don't believe her!!

Barkin' at ya sweet Levi!!!

Love and kissies...Laciegirl

Georgeous said...

Some dogs are so lucky that there are some very concerned and caring people in our world and some very lovely companions at the bridge raising our awareness. There's something on my site for Levi!
Love George

River said...

Hey, Cooper, and bless your mom for her contributions! Rescue work never ends and the need for money never ends. I think Levi is in a safe and wonderful place.

love & wags,
River